When we stumble across a new super car, we always run through a mental checklist to see if it makes the grade. Let’s apply that to the new XO-1. 0-60 in 2.3 seconds. Check. 0-100 in 4.92 seconds. Check. State-of-the-art technology and cutting edge design. Check and check. Power comes from two 3S 5000mAh LiPo batteries. Wait, what? It’s a stinkin’ R/C car – a 1/7 scale, 100+ MPH 4wd electric super car, to be precise.
Traxxas, well known for their cutting edge R/C cars, has upped the ante in a big way. Their new “For Experts Only” (no duh!) car comes ready to race, right out of the box.
- 100+mph Out of the box!
- NEW Castle Mamba Monster Extreme Speed Control
- NEW Traxxas Big Block Brushless Motor
- NEW TQi 2.4GHz Radio System with Docking Base*
- NEW Integrated speed, RPM, and voltage Telemetry System*
- NEW Patent-pending Cush Drive™
- Factory Equipped with Traxxas Power Cell 3S 5000mAh LiPo batteries
- Shaft-driven All Wheel Drive
- Machined 6061 Aluminum C-Hubs, Steering Knuckles, Axle Carriers, and Shock Towers
- Hard-anodized GTR Shocks
- Steel Splined (SS) dual-CV Driveshafts
One of the things that really sets this apart is the new controller. Plug in your iPhone or iPod Touch and unlock a few more MPH’s and features. Traxxas Link makes it easy to learn, understand, and access the powerful tuning options built into every Traxxas TQi radio system. Control your Drive Effects settings such as steering and throttle sensitivity; steering percentage; braking strength; and throttle trim by simply touching and dragging the sliders on the screen, or enabling the Multi-Function knob on the transmitter. Everything happens live, on-the-fly, giving you instant feedback on your changes.
Sexy? Yep. Expensive? Yep. Price out the door is said to be around $1100. Release date is Dec 30th. Pre-order it now – I bet you could break it by Jan. 5th!