Boom boxes in the ’80s were awesome – except for one thing – the 8 D size batteries that needed to be replaced every 30 minutes. Eton has take then boom box idea and updated it for a new age – complete with solar power and Bluetooth connectivity.
Rukus Solar features:
- Bluetooth with AVRCP / A2DP profile support
- Play music from a Bluetooth enabled smartphone, tablet or PC
- Built-in high efficiency monocrystal solar panel
- USB port for mobile device charging @ 5V 500mA
- E Ink display
- 14W Stereo Sound
- 2pcs Speaker driver with diameter 2.25in
- Built-in rechargeable Li-ion battery 7.4V 1500mAh
- Mobile device storage
- Integrated carrying handle
- AC adapter
- Aux-in jack
What do we love about this? $150 price tag, no batteries to change, connects to any Bluetooth enabled device, and uses E Ink so you can see the screen even in the bright sun at the beach. What don’t we like about it? It’s not available until April 2012.